This privacy statement (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out how Terra Services Integrated Ltd trading as Waterfittings.ie uses and processes any personal information that you provide to Terra Services Integrated Ltd trading as Waterfittings.ie when you use this website. Please read the following carefully to understand Terra Services Integrated Ltd trading as Waterfittings.ie views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Who we are
Our data protection representative is Antoinette Hennessy.
Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
For people who view and interact with our website, we process data:
- to process purchases made through our website
- to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form
- to sign up to our newsletter when you request subscription through our website
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our Company’s services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our Company’s services. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We share this data with our customer relationship management system provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose.
For our potential customers, we process data:
- in order to market the products and services of our Companies
- to provide you with updates and newsletters to which you have subscribed
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the legitimate interests of our Company in promoting our products and services. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We share information such as your name and email address with our newsletter services provider who sends out our newsletters. This provider is not permitted to use this data other than on our behalf.
We share the information you provide with our office/accounts management system in order to store your contact information with our customer file. We may also send you emails through our email service provider.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any information, your name if you provide it by filling in forms on our website ie
- Details of any transactions/usage carried out by you or orders made through our website
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
We use this information to provide you with a better service and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping purposes to support the delivery of services.
- To improve our products and services directly related to this website/supported services.
- To provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We may transfer data relating our marketing and information activities to a service provider located in a country outside the EEA. The safeguard we will put in place for this transfer is to enter into European Commission approved standard contractual clauses with the provider.
Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send you our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form or liaise with you re ongoing customer issues.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks
and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2003 – 2011 and the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and, with effect from 25 May 2018, the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks & Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 and the General
Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any legislation enacted pursuant to the GDPR.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily.
these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should exercise caution and check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.